Legal, administrative and compliance issues are rarely at the forefront of the minds of business owners when starting a business. At FPG Solicitors we can assist in this process and help to ensure that the business is run smoothly from inception in relation to legal, administrative and compliance issues. We can also assist with ensuring the correct employee contracts are entered into, therefore placing the business in the best position in relation to its relationships with its employees. The Start-Up business pack can be used by all businesses, not just those that are at the point of inception.
The Start-Up Business Package includes:
- Business Procedures Manual
- Staff Handbook
- Compliance Manual/Handbook
- Employee Contracts
- Partnership Agreement / Shareholder Agreement
- Standard Terms of Business
The cost of the package will depend on which elements you wish to be included but the maximum cost, if all elements are taken is £2,000.00
If you wish to have any policies which are included in the staff handbook then these can be priced separately. These policies include:
- Health and Safety
- Data Protection
- Equal Opportunities
Reasons for Taking the Start-Up Business Package
- All business procedures will be set out and staff will not need to enquire at each stage of a process. The procedures include:
- Financial Management;
- Information and & IT;
- Health & Safety;
- Business Continuity;
- People Management;
- Risk Management;
- Employee Job Descriptions;
- Employee Inductions & Appraisals;
- Client Complaints; and
- Anti-Money Laundering.
- Staff will understand from the outset their role in the business and how they are expected to conduct themselves.
- The business will be compliant with all regulatory regimes. All businesses have to be compliant with the Health & Safety regulations and increasingly there is more and more outside regulation of business.
- Properly drafted contracts of employment will ensure that all employees, whether junior or senior, will be employed on the correct terms and with the correct post-termination clauses.
- If the business has more than one partner or shareholder, it is sensible to have a formal agreement setting out voting rights, profit shares and when dividends (if appropriate) will be paid. Such agreements define the agreement between the business owners and also a basis to resolve any future disputes.
- Standard Terms of Business will help ensure that all clients are aware of the terms under which your business will trade. Such a document will ensure that all parties are aware from the outset as to their contractual obligations. Standard Terms assist in creating certainty between your business and your clients.
Our Solicitors combine commercial awareness with years of experience to make sure your business is legally prepared. For more information about how we can assist you and your business contact us today on 0203 538 3807 or fill out our online contact form and we’ll be in touch at a time convenient to you.